wu liao

Friday, October 12, 2007

Germany trips - 19th day 20071012 - plan for the weekend

it's always hectic to plan for the weekend... especially that the deutsche bahn workers are on strike, and hotels are always full...

was thinking about going to H eidelberg, then changed my mind to Freiburg... after checking the train schedule, i found that Cologne is better... and then I was greedy and was thinking if I could stop by Bonn during the weekend...

and then it was the pain of finding a hotel... I have been more tolerant these days, because I'm getting poorer and poorer... when I was younger, I only picked hotels with bathroom and toilet INSIDE the room, and it is not a given in Europe... nowadays, I am fine with shared bathroom and toilet, the only criterion currently is not sharing the bedroom...

Made several calls this morning from the office and finally got a room in Cologne... when i was checking for hotels, i had made the backup plan that if there's no hotel rooms in Cologne, I might go to Bonn or Frankfurt instead... this is the flexibility of the rail pass, luckily... :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home