wu liao

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

business trip to HQ (6)

besides the care of skin, the care of mind is as important... thought for a while what book(s) to take with me in this trip, and finally decided with these two:

佳廚名食 - 江獻珠,陳天機 (珠璣小館飲食文集)
股壇解碼器 - 香港經濟日報

First of all, the two books were not bought because of the trip. The gastronomy one was part of my gastronomy/cuisine-related collection of books. I have been buying books written by 江獻珠, because I like her writing style, and the proper Chinese (instead of Cantonese-writing), and am impressed by her knowledge and experience in gastronomy.

As for the second book on stock market... i'm a late comer, but i feel it's time for me to start looking at this field to add value to the little savings that i have... there are a lot of books on the stock market at the moment, but i don't like those that quote stock numbers... or giving theoretical 'tips for investment', such as 'buy low, sell high' etc. This book by Hong Kong Economic Times seems to suit my needs... of course, the fundamental reason of the relearning now is that i didn't work hard (or at all) in my Finance 101 n years ago... :P

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home