wu liao

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Germany trips - Erlangen - Fischküche Nützel

There was a guy at the hotel... he was there every night I returned to the hotel after work... he was also there whenever I was in the hotel during the weekend... I thought he was like me, being sent to the area to work and stayed at the hotel... We never talked... sometimes we smiled or said hello when our eyes met...

On the final night I stayed in the hotel, he came over and asked if I was Korean... cliche pick-up line... I smiled and said no, and continued with my online... half an hour later... he came over again and asked if we could have dinner together, he said it's a really good local german restaurant within walking distance... so I said yes...

It's the Fischküche Nützel (Bayreuther strasse 33, 91054 Erlangen)... I passed by it every time I walked to the train station or city centre. It serves fish only... we had a dish of Kartoffelsalad (potato salad) and then a dish of chopped vegetables... both tasted good... and then a whole deep-fried karpfen (a kind of fish). The restaurant is in the basement of the building, the decoration is very homey and typical local german... according to the guy, it has over 200 years of history, and it closes during summer time when fishing is stopped. The fish is fresh, and the kitchen only kills by order...

It turned out that the guy is a cardiologist in the university, and just got interviewed by company S's medical solutions department on some breakthrough in curing heart attack... unfortunately, he's not my cup of tea...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home